Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey

So I discovered that the trailer for the new Hobbit movie is out. Got to say it looks pretty awesome. I loved the Lord of the Rings trilogy movies. I know some people bashed them for being all "Heroic White Men vs Everything else" but frankly, I don't care.

Tolken was well influenced by the sagas, epics, and tales of Europe when he created the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, and so it speaks to me more than some other tales do. I'll admit, I never finished the Book Trilogy, made it through Fellowship and half the Two Towers, and stalled about there. But the movies I loved, and I'm eager to see how the Hobbit, which I have read, turns out. Might have to dig up my copy if I can find it, and read it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment