Monday, December 19, 2011

Pagan Enough

I discovered this today, and with my current feelings towards how a number of Pagans have been acting in our community, I figured I'd join this.



Project Pagan Enough


  1. You are pagan enough, despite how you look, act, smell, dress, believe, or are.
  2. You recognize that others are pagan enough despite their appearance, smell, manner of dress, belief, practice, or other aspect.
  3. You recognize that you can have an academic debate on the finer points of belief or practice, but that it does not take away from someone else’s level of being pagan.
  4. You welcome, befriend, and encourage others in the pagan community despite their appearance, dress, or other physical or superficial characteristic.
  5. You promise to treat members of other faiths, despite the faith, with honest-to-goodness fairness, equality, and grace, not judging them or their faith based on the actions of fringe members of their same faith.
I have always tried to hold to these rules, even without realizing it. I know there are many who disagree, but the above is true. I have never dismissed a person for what they believed, how they dressed, or the like. I have ever sought to have good debates with people, seeking to respect and learn form each others views. Sadly, this is not always been the reality when dealing with others who do not hold themselves to this standard. But I join, none the less. Because if respect is given to me, respect will be given in turn. I don't care if you're Heathen, Pagan, Fluffy Bunny, Otherkin, or eclectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment