Sunday, December 25, 2011

Seventh Day of Yule, 2011

Merry Yule and Merry Christmas!

Today is the seventh day of Yule. As many of you know, seven is a number of completion for our Judeo-Christian friends, but it is not for the Norse and Germanic, that number is Nine, but more on that later.

I hope everyone got good presents today, Did you leave cookies out for Santa? I left one for him with the offering I gave yesterday. (But not telling if he gave me any gifts).

Anyways, here's the pic from yesterday. I moved the candles, as you see, because the log is not level and I wasn't that happy with having the flame slide off the log.






And here's the present:

Seven Alfs a Leaping,
Six Horns of Mead,
Five Golden Rings! (please, Santa?)
Four Runes Inscribing,
Three Days of Kinship,
Two Goats of Thor,
And a Raven in a Yew Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment