Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Second Day of Yule 2011

So, today is the second day of Yule. As I t talked about most of the little things yesterday, I'll just post this pic of my Yule log from last night. As I can't burn any logs (I live in an apartment with no fireplace) I had to substitute, and a very close lady friend of mine provided the inspiration (and some of the details) for how to set this up.





As you can see, I've got the candle for the first night. I'll set a new candle out each night, and the previous nights will be set with some electric candles (to prevent a fire hazard, and it was cheaper, and let's face it, money is tight for everyone.) Behind you can see my current collection of idols, Hel, Thor, and Freyja. Sadly, haven't finished painting the Hel idol, but hopefully she will not might. In front of each of them is a candle holder that looked like shot glasses, and each has an offering of mead. I made a toast to family, god and mortal alike. And such is Yule's first night celebrated.

I wish you all to have a merry Yule, so for the second day:

Two Rams of Thor,
And a Raven in a Yew tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment