Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Third Day of Yule, 2011

So today is the third day of Yule, or second if you're going by the Asatru Folk Assembly's Steve McNallen. But since these things are run off the Lunar model, as I understand it, rather than the current Roman calendar, I'm not sweating the details. What matters is the celebration, and the spirit, more than the details of what day if missed by one or so.

Anyways, last night was pretty much simple. I received some of those wonderful butter cookies that come in the metal tins (a treat from my childhood, in fact) thanks to my boss. So I gave six cookies as a gift/offering to my idols, and lit another candle, as well as one of my little electric lights. Here's the pic:






Yes, if anyone cares, that is the box for "A Touch of Evil," which is a really fun game, by the way. Only played it once. Hopefully though, I'll be able to play it again soon.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a good Yule, and putting aside their battles for these twelve sacred days, as my ancestors would. And here is my present:

Three Days of Kinship,
Two Goats of Thor,
And a Raven in a Yew tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment