Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sixth Day of Yule, 2011

Alright, day six is here to greet us.

Note to bloggers out there, making these posts the night before will have the side effect of making it very hard to remember what day you're actually on. You're thinking it's the sixth day, but there's only five candles and you're having to remind yourself just where you're at.

Anyways, last night's offering was Oliver's Camelot Mead again, just as it was on the first night. Hopefully there will be enough mead left for the Ninth and Twelfth nights as well. If not, I have some "Apothic Red" wine that I'm told is very good, though personally while I like the bottle (it's red and black and made me think of Alchemy when I first found it) I can't say I like the taste. I'm really picky when it comes to booze, and flavors. So far, the Camelot Mead is about the only one I can really stand drinking. But oh well, I'm not getting paid to be a wine critic or to sell this stuff, so moving on.

Here's the pick of last night, where you can see the offerings in their glasses before Hel, Thor, and Freyja.


Hopefully the computer issues that kept me out the last couple days are fixed, and I won't have that problem again. If I do, well, we'll see how it gets handled.

Also, today is the 24th and Christmas! So set out those milk and cookies people.  Santa might be a "Christian" guy, but some of his aspects can be traced back to Odin, and he is a jolly old elf/alf indeed. So be good, boys and girls, and perhaps he shall bring you a present, and if not, at least you made this holiday just a little more Pagan. And have a merry Yule, Saturnalia, or what have you

Anyways, the gifts:

Six Horns of Mead,
Five Golden Rings! (I wish)
Four Runes Inscribing,
Three Days of Kinship,
Two Goats of Thor,
And a Raven in a Yew Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment